At Royalhouse Chapel, SLM all children are welcome. They are part of the church as much as the adults and so we have created a safe and enjoyable environment for them to have fun, EXPLORE and learn…
WHAT THEY LEARN
- About the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Three basic truths: God made me, God loves me, and Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- Exposure and Appreciation of praise and worship.
- The responsibilities, beliefs and history of Royalhouse Chapel.
- To respect all people.
- The values of the Christian Walk.
- To develop a personal faith and commitment in God.
- To develop an understanding and reverence for the Bible.
At SLM, we have grouped the children into three (3) activity groups for effective teaching and supervision; 0-4s, 5-9s and 10-14s. Each age group has its suitable activities, from singing and playing games to creative work as well as discussions and debates for the older children. We encourage children to take part in a way that suits them, and encourage them to share and play together.
In our teaching methods, we have incorporated visual aids: projectors, tablets and television for nursery rhymes, relevant and educational videos. Our kinaesthetic leaning activities include: crafts, role playing, acting, etc.
It is our policy to have all our workers DBS checked and for them to undergo training. A number of our workers are themselves qualified nursery teachers or teaching assistants as well as working within the educational sector.
Royalhouse Chapel regards the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well-being of all, SLM has developed and operates its own formal Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.